AWS Identity Federation is the concept of using external authorization sources to permit access to AWS Console and AWS Resources. Identity Federation comes is multiple levels that enables the use of existing directories or SAML to ensure users are accredited and authenticated to access AWS.
- AWS Administrators
- Security Engineers
- Security Architects
- You should review Identity and Access Management Course https://cloudacademy.com/amazon-web-services/overview-of-aws-identity-and-access-management-iam-course/
- Have an understanding of Enterprise Identity technology such as Active Directory, LDAP; and some Open Identity Providers such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, or Amazon.
- Understand what is Identity Federation as it relates to AWS Console Access.
- Demonstrate ability to setup and use Cross Account Roles
- Demonstrate the ability to use Simple AD for IAM authorization with Cross Account Roles
- Understand the concepts of SAML Determine how SAML could be used for AWS Console Authorization
This Course Includes:
- 45 minutes of high-definition video
- Live demonstration on key course concepts
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course
- What is Identity Federation?: This lesson defines the purpose and uses for Identity Federation.
- Types of Identity Federation: In this lesson we’ll discuss the different ways it is used within AWS.
- Identity Federation Demos: In this lesson we’ll walk through how to setup both Cross Account Roles using IAM User ids and using Simple AD for Authentication with Cross Account Roles.
- Course Conclusion: A wrap-up and review of the course.