This is an introductory course for the Amazon Internet of Things (IoT) service. In this course, we will define and discuss the concept of the Internet of Things. We will define telemetry and how it relates to the Amazon Internet of Things service. Next we will define and discuss the Amazon Internet of Things or “IoT” service. We will talk about the benefits of the service. Then we will talk about the Amazon IoT service features. Next, we will talk about why we would use the Amazon Internet of Things service. And finally, we will discuss how to locate IoT service in the AWS console and describe the basic steps for setting it up.
This is a beginner level course intended for anyone who is interested in learning the basics about the Amazon Internet of Things Service. Before attending this course, you may want to attend the “Benefits of Cloud Computing," and “Fundamentals of AWS” Learning Paths, or attend the “What is Cloud Computing?” and “Technical Fundamentals of AWS” courses. While these are not required to attend this course, they include helpful concepts that might make the content of this course a little easier to understand.
- Describe the features and benefits of the Amazon Internet of Things service.
- Explain when to use the Amazon Internet of Things service.
- Locate the IoT service option in the AWS console and discuss how to configure it.
- Give examples of use case scenarios for Amazon Internet of Things service.
This Course Includes:
- AWS Internet of Things overview
- AWS Internet of things use-case scenario
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course.
- Course Terminology: Definition of terms related to the Amazon Internet of Things service.
- Amazon Internet of Things (IoT) Service Overview: An overview of the Amazon IoT service including features and benefits of the service.
- Service Components: An overview of the Amazon IoT service components: Device SDK, Device Security, Device Gateway, Registry, Rules Engine, and Device Shadows.
- Using the Service: A use-case scenario for the Amazon IoT service.
- Course Summary: A summary of what was learned in the course.