Introduction to the AWS CLI
77 students completed the lab in ~30m
Total available time: 45m
30+ students rated this lab!
The AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) is a unified tool to manage your AWS services. With just one tool to download and configure, you can control multiple AWS services from the command line and automate them through scripts.
During this lab, you will learn how to install and configure the AWS CLI, plus leverage the built-in help tool.
Note: You need to have Python and PyPI (pip) installed and configured on your local machine in order to follow this lab.
Are you ready to get started?
This is a beginner level Lab. However, in order to complete the lab steps you should be able to:
- Install Python and PyPI (pip) on your local machine
- Use the terminal or command prompt (Windows) at a beginner level (navigate, download and copy files)
- Describe the basic features of the IAM service
- Create an S3 bucket
- Send files to a bucket
- Set object ACLs
- Configure static website hosting on Amazon S3
We recommend these labs as pre-requisites:
- Introduction to IAM
- Create Your First Amazon S3 Bucket
- Configuring a Static Website With S3 And CloudFront
By the end of this lab you should be able to:
- Install the AWS CLI
- Configure the AWS CLI
- Create an S3 bucket with the AWS CLI
- Send files from your local machine to S3 buckets using the AWS CLI
- Configure static website hosting on Amazon S3 using the AWS CLI
Follow these steps to learn by building helpful cloud resources
Log In to the Amazon Web Service Console
Your first step to start the laboratory experience
Create an Access Key
In this step, you will create an Access Key to configure the AWS CLI
Install and Configure the AWS CLI
In this step, you will install and configure the AWS CLI
Basic Usage of the AWS CLI
In this step, you will learn the basic usage of the AWS CLI and how to get help for commands
Operating S3 with the AWS CLI
In this step, you will learn how to create buckets, sync files set ACLs and enable static website hosting for an S3 bucket