The course is part of these learning paths
DevOps Engineer – Professional Certification Preparation for AWS
Solutions Architect—Professional Certification for AWS
Concepts and Skills
Practical HA Design
Many businesses host critical infrastructure and technical business assets in the AWS Cloud. Yet, even with so much at stake in the AWS Cloud, many businesses neglect to ensure that their software systems stay online no matter what happens with AWS! In the CloudAcademy Advanced High Availability DevOps Video Course, you will learn critical technical and business analysis skills required to ensure customer can always interact with your cloud.
Watch and Learn:
- Why AWS isn't magic, and you should always plan your strategy with failure in mind
- Mental models for classifying business and IT risk in the AWS Cloud
- The "Big Three" model for increasing the availability of software systems in a methodical way
- Four possible ways to handle IT risk, depending on your needs
- Clear action items for surviving various types of AWS's outages, even entire region failures!
- How to walk through and design highly automated distributed REST APIs in 30 minutes or less
- Financial risk and cost assessment skills to sell the idea of investing in High Availability to key business stakeholders
- When to stop investing in High Availability due to diminishing returns and business needs
This course is essential for any current or future DevOps practitioner or Advanced AWS Engineer wanting to go beyond pure technical skills, and move to a business value and strategic decision making role.
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Nothing gets me more excited than the AWS Cloud platform! Teaching cloud skills has become a passion of mine. I have been a software and AWS cloud consultant for several years. I hold all 5 possible AWS Certifications: Developer Associate, SysOps Administrator Associate, Solutions Architect Associate, Solutions Architect Professional, and DevOps Engineer Professional. I live in Austin, Texas, USA, and work as development lead at my consulting firm, Tuple Labs.