The course is part of these learning paths
Security - Specialty Certification Preparation for AWS
GDPR: Using AWS Compliance Enabling Services
Advanced Networking – Specialty Certification Preparation for AWS
AWS Security Services
Integration, Limitations & Costs
With the ever increasing threats of attacks against the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of your data within your organization, the need to ensure strict security procedures and processes is paramount and learn how to use Amazon Inspector is key.
AWS offers a wide range of security services to help you achieve the level of security that you need to enforce within your environment, and the Amazon Inspector service is just one of those that can help.
This service is used to help you find security vulnerabilities within your EC2 instances and any applications running on them, during any stage of development and deployment.
With its ability to automatically detect known and common security issues across a range of rules of compliance, Amazon Inspector can also provide details on how to remediate these potential weaknesses in your infrastructure. This makes the service a key asset within your security tool set.
This course looks at what the service is and does, and how it does it by going into detail of all components involved. Demonstrations will also be provided in its configuration.
- What is Amazon Inspector?: This lecture explains at a high level what Amazon Inspector is and why you may want to use it
- Components of Amazon Inspector: This lecture defines the main components of the service and how these fit together
- Demonstration: How to Configure Amazon Inspector: This demonstration shows how to get started and how to configure the service
- Demonstration: Working with findings: This lecture demonstrates how to view the different Amazon Inspector findings following an assessment
- Integration with CloudWatch & CloudTrail: This lecture explains how Amazon Inspector can be monitored with CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Service Limitations and Costs: This lecture explains the limitations of the service in addition to how costings are calculated
- Summary: This lecture summarizes points learned from the previous lectures within the course
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to more recently cloud architecture and implementation.
He is a Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP), with his latest achievements gained within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) field.
He currently holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification as well as accreditations as an AWS Business and Technology Professional and in TCO and Cloud Economics.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded 'Expert of the Year Award 2015' from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.