AWS Big Data Specialty - Processing
The course is part of this learning path
Big Data – Specialty Certification Preparation for AWS
Amazon Web Services Elastic MapReduce
Amazon Web Services Lambda
In this course for the Big Data Specialty Certification, we learn how to identify the appropriate data processing technologies needed for big data scenarios. We explore how to design and architect a data processing solution, and explore and define the operational characteristics of big data processing. Intended audience: This course is intended for students wanting to extend their knowledge of the data processing options available in AWS.
While there are no formal pre-requisites students will benefit from having a basic understanding of cloud computing services Recommended course - Compute Fundamentals
- Recognize and explain how to identify the appropriate data processing technologies needed for big data scenarios.
- Recognize and explain how to design and architect a data processing solution.
This Course Includes:
75 minutes of high-definition video.
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce Overview: In this lesson we discuss how EMR allows you to store and process data
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce Architecture: In this lesson you’ll learn about EMR’s clustered architecture.
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce in Detail: In this lesson we’ll dig deeper into EMR storage options, resource management, and processing options.
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce Reference Architecture: Best practices for using EMR.
- Amazon Lambda Introduction: This lesson will kick off our discussion of Lambda and how it’s used in Big Data scenarios.
- Amazon Lambda Overview: This lesson discusses how Lambda allows you to run code for virtually any type of application or backend service with no administration.
- AWS Lambda Architecture: In this lesson we’ll discuss generic Lambda architecture and and Amazon’s serverless service.
- AWS Lambda in Detail: In this lesson we’ll dig into Events and Service Limits.
- AWS Lambda Reference Architecture: In this lesson we'll look at a real life scenario of how lambda can be used.
About the Author
Shane has been emerged in the world of data, analytics and business intelligence for over 20 years, and for the last few years he has been focusing on how Agile processes and cloud computing technologies can be used to accelerate the delivery of data and content to users.
He is an avid user of the AWS cloud platform to help deliver this capability with increased speed and decreased costs. In fact its often hard to shut him up when he is talking about the innovative solutions that AWS can help you to create, or how cool the latest AWS feature is.
Shane hails from the far end of the earth, Wellington New Zealand, a place famous for Hobbits and Kiwifruit. However your more likely to see him partake of a good long black or an even better craft beer.