The course is part of this learning path
Security - Specialty Certification Preparation for AWS
AWS Identity Federation is the concept of using external authorization sources to permit access to AWS Console and AWS Resources. Identity Federation comes is multiple levels that enables the use of existing directories or SAML to ensure users are accredited and authenticated to access AWS.
- AWS Administrators
- Security Engineers
- Security Architects
- You should review Identity and Access Management Course https://cloudacademy.com/amazon-web-services/overview-of-aws-identity-and-access-management-iam-course/
- Have an understanding of Enterprise Identity technology such as Active Directory, LDAP; and some Open Identity Providers such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, or Amazon.
- Understand what is Identity Federation as it relates to AWS Console Access.
- Demonstrate ability to setup and use Cross Account Roles
- Demonstrate the ability to use Simple AD for IAM authorization with Cross Account Roles
- Understand the concepts of SAML Determine how SAML could be used for AWS Console Authorization
This Course Includes:
- 45 minutes of high-definition video
- Live demonstration on key course concepts
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course
- What is Identity Federation?: This lesson defines the purpose and uses for Identity Federation.
- Types of Identity Federation: In this lesson we’ll discuss the different ways it is used within AWS.
- Identity Federation Demos: In this lesson we’ll walk through how to setup both Cross Account Roles using IAM User ids and using Simple AD for Authentication with Cross Account Roles.
- Course Conclusion: A wrap-up and review of the course.
About the Author
Tom an active AWS Consultant creating and deploying AWS solutions for over five years. He has worked on numerous projects that involve everything from small lean startups on a tight budget to massive commercial Enterprises that have large-scale budgets with large-scale requirements that must be met even no matter the cost. Tom has worked for several of our United States government agencies taking the agencies to the cloud by migrating solutions from on-premise data centers to the AWS cloud in a secure solution while reducing their overall cost to operate and maintain the solution.
Personally Tom spends his available time riding his bicycle, sampling a good wine or two, enjoying a good meal and watching Formula One races.