Building Convolutional Neural Networks on Google Cloud
Convolutional Neural Networks
Improving a Model
Once you know how to build and train neural networks using TensorFlow and Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine, what’s next? Before long, you’ll discover that prebuilt estimators and default configurations will only get you so far. To optimize your models, you may need to create your own estimators, try different techniques to reduce overfitting, and use custom clusters to train your models.
Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) are very good at certain tasks, especially recognizing objects in pictures and videos. In fact, they’re one of the technologies powering self-driving cars. In this course, you’ll follow hands-on examples to build a CNN, train it using a custom scale tier on Machine Learning Engine, and visualize its performance. You’ll also learn how to recognize overfitting and apply different methods to avoid it.
- Build a Convolutional Neural Network in TensorFlow
- Analyze a model’s training performance using TensorBoard
- Identify cases of overfitting and apply techniques to prevent it
- Scale a Cloud ML Engine job using a custom configuration
- Data professionals
- People studying for the Google Certified Professional Data Engineer exam
- Introduction to Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine course
- Google Cloud Platform account recommended (sign up for free trial at https://cloud.google.com/free if you don’t have an account)
This Course Includes
- Many hands-on demos
The github repository for this course is at https://github.com/cloudacademy/ml-engine-doing-more.
About the Author
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).