Data Classification & Protection
Data Retention & Storage
Access to Storage
Metrics and Risk
The course is part of this learning path
- Configure security policies to classify, protect, and manage data
- Configure data retention for storage and databases
- Set up Azure SQL security features and auditing
- Learn how to configure storage account security and access
- Learn how to secure HDInsight clusters
- Configure Cosmos DB security
- Configure Data Lake security
- Learn good design features of an Azure application
- See how Azure App Services can secure your app
- See how a governance policy can help formalize security requirements
- People preparing for Microsoft’s AZ-500 exam
- System administrators
- App developers
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Office 365
- Basic knowledge of computer security principles
- Basic networking knowledge
Advanced Threat Protection is a catch-all term for a service that alerts you when particular types of events are detected in your database. These events range from possible SQL injection, to access from an unusual location or login, to when an unusually high number of failed login attempts are recorded.
The SQL injection alert is raised when an application executes faulty SQL against the database. I guess the assumption is that programmatically generated SQL should be correct unless it has been nefariously tampered with. While none of these features are magical, it is a very easy and convenient way to monitor anomalous behavior.
To set up advanced threat detection, go into your database and turn on Advanced Data Security, then towards the bottom of the page, under Advanced Threat Protection Settings, you can go and select which of the advanced threat protection options you want to enable, then click Save.
Hallam is a software architect with over 20 years experience across a wide range of industries. He began his software career as a Delphi/Interbase disciple but changed his allegiance to Microsoft with its deep and broad ecosystem. While Hallam has designed and crafted custom software utilizing web, mobile and desktop technologies, good quality reliable data is the key to a successful solution. The challenge of quickly turning data into useful information for digestion by humans and machines has led Hallam to specialize in database design and process automation. Showing customers how leverage new technology to change and improve their business processes is one of the key drivers keeping Hallam coming back to the keyboard.