In this course, we’ll cover the most commonly used networking configurations in Azure App Service, including how to create a custom domain name for your app, how to enable TLS/SSL, and different ways of controlling inbound and outbound connections to and from your app.
- Create a custom domain name for your Azure App Service app
- Enable TLS/SSL so people can reach your Azure App Service app using HTTPS
- Control inbound and outbound connections to and from your Azure App Service app
- Anyone who needs to configure networking on Azure App Service
- Experience using Azure App Service (or take our Introduction to Azure App Service course)
- Experience with Azure networking (or take our Getting Started with Azure Virtual Networks course)
- Knowledge of DNS (Domain Name System)
Welcome to “Configuring Networking in Azure App Service”. In this course, I’ll cover the most commonly used networking configurations in App Service. First, I’ll explain how to create a custom domain name for your app. Then, I’ll show you how to enable TLS/SSL so people can reach your app using HTTPS. Finally, I’ll explain different ways of controlling inbound and outbound connections to and from your app.
To get the most from this course, you should already have some basic knowledge of both App Service and Azure networking. It would also help to have some knowledge of DNS, that is, the Domain Name System.
Okay, let’s get started.
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).