Azure Artificial Intelligence Services
Design for IoT
Design Messaging Solution Architectures
Design Media Service Solutions
The course is part of these learning paths
This course is focused on creating practical solutions using Azure technologies in areas such as AI, messaging, the Internet of Things, and video media. This will require familiarity with dozens of Azure solutions.
This course will take you through all of the relevant technologies and ensure you know which ones to pick to solve specific problems. This course is for developers, engineering managers, and cloud architects looking to get a better understanding of Azure services.
Whether your app deals with artificial intelligence, managing IoT devices, video media, or push notifications for smartphones, Azure has an answer for every use case. This course will help you get the most out of your Azure account by preparing you to make use of many different solutions.
Design solutions using Azure AI technologies
Design solutions for IoT applications using Azure technologies
Create a scalable messaging infrastructure using Azure messaging technologies
- Design media solutions using Azure media technologies and file encoding
People who want to become Azure cloud architects
General knowledge of IT architecture
So congratulations! You made it! Give yourself a pat on the back because it has been a long and tough ride. We went through a lot of pretty dense material so before we pop the champagne bottles, let’s take a minute to briefly review what we have accomplished.
We learned how to design a variety of software solutions using Azure platform services. You should now be ready to tackle a wide range of problems using Azure technologies. We focused on four broad categories: Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Messaging, and Media.
Recall our four learning objectives:
1. The student will have an in-depth knowledge of Azure artificial intelligence services and know when to opt for specific offerings. To that end, we covered various Azure tools including Azure Machine Learning, Machine Learning Studio, Batch AI, Cognitive Services, and Databricks.
2. The student will have an in-depth knowledge of Azure IoT services and know when to opt for specific offerings. In section 2 we went deep on this, covering many services, including Azure Event Grid, Service Bus, IoT Edge, Stream Analytics, and Notification Hubs.
3. The student will be able to design a scalable messaging architecture using Azure services. In what was probably the densest section we covered both the concept of messaging in software systems and how to scale. The relevant Azure technologies were Azure Service Bus, Storage Queues, and Event Hubs, some of which were covered in IoT but required a deeper dive here.
4. The student will have a deep understanding of Azure media services. So, “Azure Media Services” is the name of the core Azure tool for managing video. However, we also covered media file encoding in some depth, as well as other media services including Azure Media Analytics, Computer Vision API, and Azure Video Indexer.
With all this information at your disposal, you should be ready to get to work on a number of different problems. Keep in mind, however, that practice makes perfect. You won’t be a true expert until you actually make use of these different technologies and learn the nuances. To be a master Azure technologist, you will need to dive in and get your hands dirty.
Now that you are done I’d like to invite you to send any feedback you have about the course to firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your comments, questions, and suggestions. Congratulations again on fighting through the whole course and good luck in your future endeavors.
Jonathan Bethune is a senior technical consultant working with several companies including TopTal, BCG, and Instaclustr. He is an experienced devops specialist, data engineer, and software developer. Jonathan has spent years mastering the art of system automation with a variety of different cloud providers and tools. Before he became an engineer, Jonathan was a musician and teacher in New York City. Jonathan is based in Tokyo where he continues to work in technology and write for various publications in his free time.