Acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
The course is part of this learning path
This course introduces the Exam Prep: Acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification learning path, which has been designed to help you pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam, and covers the following subject areas:
- How to design resilient architectures
- High-performing architectures
- How to design secure applications and architectures
- How to design cost-optimized architectures
Hello, my name is Stuart Scott, I’m the AWS Content & Security Lead, and throughout this learning path I’ll be joined by Stephen Cole our Certification Specialist, and Will Meadows a Senior content creator here at Cloud Academy.
I have created this learning path to ensure that you have covered everything you need to know before sitting your exam, and to hopefully answer any details about the certification itself, such as the cost and how to book it.
Ideally before working through this content, you should have already completed our AWS Solutions Architect - Associate training found here: https://cloudacademy.com/learning-paths/aws-solutions-architect-associate-saa-c02-certification-preparation-954/
Ok, so back to what we are going to cover in this learning path. It consists of 5 different webinars which have been carefully designed to help prepare you for any last-minute study sessions and answer some of the common questions you may have prior to taking your exam.
In our first webinar, I discuss the following topics with Stephen Cole:
- We look at the SAA-C02 exam details and highlight the minimum passing score, the question format you’ll likely see, the cost of the exam, and also the process in how to book your exam too
- We also touch on the different domains of the exam guide and highlight some of the AWS services and features to focus on within each of these areas
- Importantly we also spend some time looking at the best approach to tackling the questions and discuss how to decipher exactly what is being asked, so we cover some useful hints and tips here
- We then look at a number of sample questions to show you how we would use these tips to get to the correct answer
- We then discuss and answer a number of common questions that people have regarding the AWS SAA-C02 certification
The next 4 webinars then dive deeper into the exam guide, with each one being dedicated to an entire Domain.
In Domain 1, I am joined by Will Meadows and we look at how to design resilient architectures, covering 5 main areas:
- The AWS Global Architecture
- What to think about when designing a Multi-Tier Architecture Solutions
- The key points when it comes to designing highly available and/or fault-tolerant architectures
- How to design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services
- And how to choose appropriate resilient storage
In Domain 2, I am again joined by Stephen Cole to discuss High-Performing Architectures. Here we dive into these 4 different areas:
- How to identify elastic and scalable compute solutions
- Considerations when selecting high-performing and scalable storage solutions
- How to select high-performing networking solutions
- And finally, how to choose high-performing database solutions
When we come to the webinar focusing on Domain 3 the focus shifts to Security and how to Design Secure Applications and Architectures. Will and I jump into all things AWS Security, focusing on 3 specific areas outlined in the exam guide, these being:
- How to design secure access to your AWS resources
- How to design and implement secure application tiers
- And then how to best select appropriate data security options
In the final webinar, we look at how to design cost-optimized architectures, and its last Domain covered in the exam guide. Again, I am joined by Stephen Cole where we use the hour to discuss how to identify cost-effective storage solutions, compute and database services, and also cost-optimized network architectures.
Ok, now you have an understanding of what to expect in this learning path, so let’s get started!
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 90+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 100,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.