The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into how to refactor and structure your code into smaller more manageable building blocks using Functions, Modules, and Packages.
- Understand how to write and define functions
- Understand the four kinds of different function input parameters and how to use them
- Review how modules are created and used
- Learn how modules are loaded using the import statement
- Examine how modules are discovered via module search locations
- Review how modules can themselves be organized into packages
- And finally, we understand how to use aliases for both module and package names
- A basic understanding of the Python programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software developers interested in learning how to write Python code in a Pythonic way
- Python junior level developers interested in advancing their Python skills
- Anyone with an interest in Python and how to use Python to write concise and elegant scripts for general purpose tasks
- [Jeremy] Okay, welcome back! Before we finish, let's do a quick recap of the content that we covered off and reviewed in this course. For starters, we gained an understanding of how to write and define functions. Then, we reviewed the four kinds of different function input parameters and how to use them. Later, we reviewed how modules are created and used. We then demonstrated loading modules using the import statement. Next, we examined how modules are loaded and discovered through module search location paths. Following on from this, we reviewed how modules can themselves be organized into packages. And finally, we gained an understanding of how to use aliases for both module and package names. Again, thank you for your participation. we do hope you've enjoyed this course on Python Functions, Modules and Packages. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions and/or comments regarding this course.
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.