Internet of Things (IoT) is all of the rages nowadays. Internet of Things (IoT) are devices and components that exist all around us in our day-to-day lives which communicate with and connect through cloud networks and the internet. This includes cellular service in vehicles, specialized thermostats, and health bands that monitor health. This course will provide an introduction to the subject of Internet of Things (IoT) and provide an overall understanding.
- This course is geared for anyone currently looking to learn about and get a better understanding of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Viewers require no previous experience with Internet of Things (IoT) but, having a technical background is helpful.
- While there are no formal pre-requisites students will benefit from having a basic understanding of cloud computing services
- Recommended course - Compute Fundamentals
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn the essentials of where to begin working with Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn about the growing challenges of Internet of Things (IoT) along with the predicted growth and projections for the next few years.
Well, I hope you enjoyed our course on the Internet of Things. I definitely had a blast putting it together. In this course we introduced you to the concept of the Internet of Things. At its core we collect information through sensors attached to devices which are then sent over a network to be stored, analyzed, and further actions to be taken on them. The device is a thing in the Internet of Things.
A device can pretty much be any object you can attach a sensor to. There are many industries which are taking advantage of the Internet of Things, including medical, manufacturing, and retail. We continue to see our homes and cities further integrating the Internet of Things with new solutions to improve the quality and experience of our lives. As the earth's population continues to grow and migrate towards urban environments, we will utilize the Internet of Things technologies to improve sustainability in smart cities. We introduced you to systems architecture for the Internet of Things along with the various components and networking protocols.
We spent some time working through a series of demos on the Internet of Things platforms. I wanted to help identify the major players in the Internet of Things industry to assist you with jumpstarting your development career. That wraps up our course on the introduction to the Internet of Things. I'm Rich Sargenti and it's been an honor to join you on this journey.
Richard Augenti is a DevOps Engineer with 23 years of IT professional experience and 7 years of cloud experience with AWS and Azure. He has been engaged with varying sized projects with clients all across the globe including most sectors. He enjoys finding the best and most efficient way to make things work so, working with automation, cloud technologies, and DevOps has been the perfect fit. When Richard is not engaged with work, he can also be found presenting workshops and talks at user conferences on cloud technologies and other techie talks.