This course will demonstrate some of the more advanced options that are available in Google Cloud Pub/Sub. These options include filtering and ordering messages, creating and enforcing schemas, as well as replaying previously delivered messages.
- Filtering and ordering Pub/Sub messages
- Creating and enforcing message schemas
- Handling duplicate or undeliverable messages
- Replaying and purging messages
- Monitoring your topics for problems
- GCP Developers
- GCP Data Engineers
- Anyone preparing for a Google Cloud certification (such as the Professional Data Engineer exam)
- Some experience with Cloud Pub/Sub
- Access to a Google Cloud Platform account is recommended
Hello, and welcome to ”Google Cloud Pub/Sub - Advanced Topics”. My name is Daniel Mease and I'll be taking you through this course. I am a trainer at Cloud Academy with over 20 years of software and web development experience.
This course is intended for GCP Developers, GCP Data Engineers, or anyone preparing for a Google Cloud certification (such as the Professional Data Engineer exam).
By completing this course, you will learn how to:
- Filter and order messages
- Create and enforce message schemas
- Handle duplicate or undeliverable messages
- Replay and purge messages
- Monitor your topics for problems
The following prerequisites will be helpful for this course:
- Access to a Google Cloud Platform account
Feedback on our courses is valuable, both us as trainers and our future students. So if you have any criticisms or suggestions for improvement, we would greatly appreciate it if you would share those with us.
Please note, when this video was recorded, all course information was accurate. Google is constantly updating its products and services as part of its ongoing drive to innovate. As a result, over time, minor discrepancies may appear in the course content. Here at Cloud Academy, we strive to keep our content up-to-date in order to provide the best training available.
So, if you notice any information that is outdated, please contact email@example.com. This will allow us to make all necessary fixes to the course during its next release cycle.
Daniel began his career as a Software Engineer, focusing mostly on web and mobile development. After twenty years of dealing with insufficient training and fragmented documentation, he decided to use his extensive experience to help the next generation of engineers.
Daniel has spent his most recent years designing and running technical classes for both Amazon and Microsoft. Today at Cloud Academy, he is working on building out an extensive Google Cloud training library.
When he isn’t working or tinkering in his home lab, Daniel enjoys BBQing, target shooting, and watching classic movies.