HashiCorp Vault provides a simple and effective way to manage security in cloud infrastructure. The HashiCorp Vault service secures, stores, and tightly controls access to tokens, passwords, certificates, API keys, and other secrets in modern computing.
This course will enable you to recognize, explain, and implement the services and functions provided by the HashiCorp Vault service.
In this course we learn to recognize and implement the core HashiCorp Vault services in cloud infrastructure. The topics we cover are as follows:
- Vault architecture and its core components
- Vault policies and how they are used to grant or forbid access to operations in Vault
- Secrets and secret management as performed within Vault
- Vault cubbyholes and how they can be utilized
- Vault dynamic secrets
- Vault authentication and Vault identities
This course will appeal to anyone looking to extend their knowledge of cloud security best practices, and to learn more about the tools and services available to help manage cloud security. If you are performing any of the roles below, we recommend completing this course.
- Architects and Developers
- System Administrators
- Security specialists
- DevOps specialists
- And anyone else interested in managing and maintaining secrets
At the end of this course you will be able to explain and implement the HashiCorp Vault service, and you will also be able to implement the Vault CLI and API to execute tasks related to Vault administration. By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the core principles of Vault, including how Vault can be used to manage and maintain secrets
- Understand the key benefits of using Vault, including how to deploy and configure it within your own environments
- Be able to evaluate and select HashiCorp Vault services
- Know how to implement the Vault CLI and API to execute tasks related to administration and configuration
We recommend completing the Cloud Academy DevOps Fundamentals Learning Path so you have a basic understanding of system administration and configuration tasks.
This course includes approximately 1.5 hours of high-definition video, split across 9 lectures.
We welcome all feedback. Please send any comments or questions on this course to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Jeremy is a Cloud Researcher and Trainer at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for security, AI, and machine learning for both AWS and GCP cloud platforms.
He has a strong background in development and coding, and has been hacking with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years.
In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on Cloud, Security, AI, Machine Learning, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and CICD.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both AWS and GCP platforms.