Designing for high availability, fault tolerance and cost efficiency
AWS Services That Enable High Availability
The AWS exam guide outlines that 15% of the SysOps Administrator–Associate exam questions could be on the topic of designing highly-available, fault-tolerant, cost-efficient, scalable systems. This course teaches you to recognize and explain the core architecture principles of high availability, fault tolerance, and cost optimization. We then step through the core AWS components that can enable highly available solutions when used together so you can recognize and explain how to design and monitor highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, scalable systems.
- Identify and recognize cloud architecture considerations such as functional components and effective designs
- Define best practices for planning, designing, and monitoring in the cloud
- Develop to client specifications, including pricing and cost
- Evaluate architectural trade-off decisions when building for the cloud
- Apply best practices for elasticity and scalability concepts to your builds
- Integrate with existing development environments
This course is for anyone preparing for the Solutions Architect–Associate for AWS certification exam. We assume you have some existing knowledge and familiarity with AWS, and are specifically looking to get ready to take the certification exam.
Basic knowledge of core AWS functionality. If you haven't already completed it, we recommend our Fundamentals of AWS Learning Path. We also recommend completing the other courses, quizzes, and labs in the Solutions Architect–Associate for AWS certification learning path.
This Course Includes
- 11 video lectures
- Detailed overview of the AWS services that enable high availability, cost efficiency, fault tolerance, and scalability
- A focus on designing systems in preparation for the certification exam
What You'll Learn
|Lecture Group||What you'll learn|
Designing for High availability, fault tolerance and cost efficiency
Designing for business continuity
How to combine AWS services together to create highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant systems.
How to recognize and explain Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objectives, and how to recognize and implement AWS solution designs to meet common RTO/RPO objectives
|Ten AWS Services That Enable High Availability||Regions and Availability Zones, VPCs, ELB, SQS, EC2, Route53, EIP, CloudWatch, and Auto Scaling|
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcript unavailable for this lecture.
About the Author
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.