The course is part of this learning path
An OverView of Azure Backup
Implementing Azure Backup
Managing Azure VM Backups
Performing Azure VM Restores
Azure Backup Reports
As the move to the cloud continues at a record pace, understanding how to properly backup and recover Azure virtual machines is becoming a key skill that every IT professional should possess.
In this course, you will learn how to plan and deploy Azure Backup and how to manage backups on a day-to-day basis. You will learn how to create the Recovery Services Vault that stores backed up data, how to create backup policies, and how to perform backup operations. You’ll also learn how to perform VM restores.
The topics covered in this Azure course map very closely to the learning objectives covered in the Microsoft Azure certification exams. By mastering the topics covered in this course, you will not only learn the skills necessary for day-to-day Azure Backup management but also learn the skills necessary to become Azure certified.
- Learn how to configure and review backup reports
- Understand how to perform backup operations
- Create a Recovery Services Vault
- Be able to create and configure backup policies
- Know how to assign backup policies
- Execute and perform restore operations
- IT Professionals interested in becoming Azure cloud architects
- IT Professionals preparing for Microsoft’s Azure certification exams
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure
- General knowledge of the Azure environment
About the Author
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.
- [Instructor] Welcome to implementing Azure Backups. My name is Thomas Mitchell and I will be leading you through this course on implementing and managing backups in the Azure environment. I'm an Azure content author at Cloud Academy, and I have over 25 years of IT experience, several of those with Cloud technologies. If you have any questions, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or send an email to email@example.com. This course is intended for people who want to become certified Azure architects or who are simply tasked with managing and supporting Azure Virtual Machines. To get the most from this course, you should have a general understanding of Microsoft Azure. We'll begin the course by touching on an overview of Azure backup and what it offers.
We will then work through the implementation process including the deployment of the recovery services vault and the creation and assignment of backup policies. Next, we'll talk about the different ways that a virtual machine can be backed up. We'll cover the process of launching the initial backup as part of a policy schedule. We'll also cover the process for backing up a virtual machine right from the VM dashboard. After covering the backup process, we'll work through the different types of restores that are available including restores of files and folders, restores of entire VM's, and restores of individual disks. We'll wrap up this course with backup reporting and how to leverage Power BI to view backup reports.
By the end of this course, you should be able to deploy Azure backup and use it to not only backup Azure VM's, but also restore them. You should also be able to create and manage backup reports using Power BI. We'd love to get your feedback on this course, so please give it a rating when you're finished. So if you're ready to learn about Azure backup, how to set it up, and how to use it, let's get started.