Dependencies & Packages
Security & Compliance
The course is part of this learning path
This course explains how to implement dependency management with Azure DevOps. It explores the strategies, tools, and methods used for creating and managing dependencies. First, you will learn what dependency management is and which packages are available for Azure DevOps. A practical demonstration then shows how to build a package. The course moves on to explore the strategies for dependency management, including versioning and componentization, and provides a demo that guides you through how to consume a package. Finally, you will learn about security and compliance, and watch a practical demonstration of WhiteSource Bolt.
By the end of this course, you should have a good understanding of how packages are managed within Azure DevOps and the implications of package management methodologies.
If you have any feedback relating to this course, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Explore what dependencies are
- Understand the various package types in Azure DevOps
- Manage packages in Azure DevOps through Artifacts
- Explore building software and creating dependencies
- Understand the strategies and methods for creating and managing dependencies
- Explore package security and compliance scanning options
- Individuals who want to learn more about Azure DevOps
- Individuals aiming to become Azure DevOps engineers
- Students preparing for Microsoft’s AZ-400 exam
To get the most from this course, you should have:
- Experience with version control and pushing changes into an Azure repo
- An Azure DevOps account
- Visual Studio installed if you want to follow along during the demos
- An understanding of Git and how to push code
Matthew Quickenden is a motivated Infrastructure Consultant with over 20 years of industry experience supporting Microsoft systems and other Microsoft products and solutions. He works as a technical delivery lead managing resources, understanding and translating customer requirements and expectations into architecture, and building technical solutions. In recent years, Matthew has been focused on helping businesses consume and utilize cloud technologies with a focus on leveraging automation to rapidly deploy and manage cloud resources at scale.