Azure Virtual Desktop Networking Planning
Azure Virtual Desktop Implementation
The course is part of this learning path
The most fundamental component of any cloud solution is the network. It is networking that will provide connectivity and security to your applications and solutions. This is most critical with an internet-accessible solution like Azure Virtual Desktop, so we need to properly build it and secure it.
In this course, we will help you design your Azure Virtual Desktop network components so you can not only gain insight into those Azure services but also understand how they integrate and relate to the Azure Virtual Desktop service and help you to pass the Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty exam.
- Understand Azure virtual desktop networking requirements
- Recommend the correct solution for network connectivity
- Implement your Azure Virtual Desktop networking solution
- Manage connectivity to the internet and on-premises networks
- Implement and manage network security
- Manage Azure Virtual Desktop session hosts using the Azure bastion service
- Monitor and troubleshoot network connectivity
- Azure administrators with subject matter expertise in planning, delivering, and managing virtual desktop experiences and remote apps, for any device, on Azure
- Anyone looking to learn more about Azure Virtual Desktop
To get the most out of this course, you should have knowledge of the following:
- Azure networking
- Network security
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting
We've covered all of the AVD network requirements, built a virtual network in Azure with the proper subnets to support AVD. We've talked about our network security with our NSG rules, and then we covered your connectivity options, like Reverse Connect and RDPShortpath, along with your Hybrid options. Finally, we went through the monitoring and troubleshooting of your network solution. Please respond to the survey at the end and let me know how I did in this course, and your feedback is definitely welcomed, so I can improve. And please direct message me on social media, and let me know that you are now AVD certified. Thanks for joining me for this course and happy learning.
Dean Cefola is a Principal Azure Engineer at Microsoft and has worked in the IT industry for over 20 years. Dean has been supporting Azure Virtual Desktop from the beginning and is the Microsoft FastTrack Global Leader for AVD.