Microsoft Azure is a collection of services that enables individuals and organizations to create, deploy, and operate cloud-based applications and infrastructure services. In this course, we’ll give a brief overview of the various services on Azure, including compute, networking, storage, data and analytics services, explaining who they are and how they work together on Azure. We'll also show you the best pathway to get certified on Microsoft Azure.
- Microsoft solutions business managers
- DevOps Engineer Solutions Architects new to Azure Cloud
- Explain some important concepts of Microsoft Azure services
- Discuss various Azure Services to help enterprises start new projects or migrate existing projects to Azure Cloud
- Explain the basics of pricing for Azure services discussed in this course Describe the Azure certifications and Azure preparation resources
This Course Includes:
- 45 minutes of high-definition video
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course
- Azure Overview: A basic description of Azure, its services, portals, and deployment methods.
- Azure Compute: In this lesson we’ll discuss IaaS vs. PaaS and Serverless Computing.
- Azure Networking: In this lesson we’ll go over the variety of networking components.
- Azure Storage: In this lesson you’ll learn about the storage options.
- Data and Analytics Service: In this lesson we’ll discuss DBaaS, NoSQL, and more.
- Backup Services and Disaster Recovery: In this lesson we’ll learn about the backup and data recovery services and their cost.
- Azure Tools: In this lesson we’ll go over CLI, Powershell, and Visual Studio.
- Azure Certification: All you need to know about getting certified.
- Summary: A wrap-up and summary of what we’ve learned in this course.
Welcome to the introduction to Microsoft Azure course. I'm Sarah Blatnick, an instructional designer at Cloud Academy and I'm presenting this course written by Melony Ya QIN. Melony is Full Stack engineer and as your trainer, currently based in Paris. She's been working on the development of information systems and web applications for the last five years in different areas such as financial, banking, insurance, industry, gaming, media and e-commerce. She is passionate about continuous learning and working on different IT solutions using different cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and others. You can learn more about Melony via Twitter or LinkedIn.
This course is designed for Microsoft Solutions business managers, DevOps engineers and solution architects who are new to the Azure cloud. At the end of this course, you'll be able to explain some important concepts of Microsoft Azure Services, discuss various Azure Services to help enterprises start new projects or migrate existing projects to Azure Cloud, explain the basics of pricing for Azure Services discussed in this course and describe the Azure certifications and resources available to help you prepare for exams.
We're gonna start off with the high-level overview of various the Azure Services beginning with Azure Compute and moving onto the Azure Networking and Azure Storage. We'll cover Azure Data and Analytics Services, and Azure Backup Services and Disaster Recovery.
Then, continue on to various backup services for Azure's disaster recovery strategy. We'll then explain how they work together on Azure by selecting some of the more commonly used services for a closer look. By the end of this course, you should have a general appreciation for the breadth of available services and begin to see how they can be used to create more ambitious business solutions.
And finally, we'll discuss the Microsoft Azure Certification paths and recommended resources to support continuous learning and certification preparation.
Cloud Academy and the instructors are very interested in your feedback. Your insight helps us to create better courses. So don't hesitate to leave your comment on Cloud Academy's community or email email@example.com. Or you can also contact the instructor @MelonyQ on Twitter to let her know what you think about this course. So now, if you're ready to get started, let's go the next lesson and get a high level overview of Microsoft Azure.
About the Author
Melony, woman in STEM! Currently working as IT Solutions Engineer(AWS Certified), with great passion on web responsive and UX design merge with HCI methods and development, experienced in web front-end and SOA solution development. She is working on different cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure cloud etc to deal with different practical problems for web && mobile projects. Interested in big data, IoT and AR technologies. She thought as an IT engineer, we should be lifetime student, the “KEY” of success is Keep Educating Yourself. She is intent on becoming a great cloud architect during next 10 years.