The course is part of this learning path
Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions–70-533 Certification Preparation
Azure Container Service
The Azure Container Service (ACS) is a cloud-based container deployment and management service that supports popular open source tools and technologies for container and container orchestration. ACS allows you to run containers at scale in production and manages the underlying infrastructure for you by configuring the appropriate VMs and clusters for you. ACS is orchestrator-agnostic and allows you to use the container orchestration solution that best suits your needs. Learn how to use ACS to scale and orchestrate applications using DC/OS, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Operation Engineers
- Anyone interested in managing containers at scale
- Viewers should have a basic understanding of containers.
- Some familiarity with the Azure platform will also be helpful but is not required.
- Demonstrate how to use ACS to create virtual machine hosts and clusters for container orchestration
- Understand how to choose an open source orchestration solution for ACS
- Understand how to run containers in production on Azure using ACS
- Demonstrate ability to scale and orchestrate containers with DC/OS, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes
This Course Includes:
- 60 minutes of high-definition video
- Live demonstration on key course concepts
What You'll Learn:
- Overview of Azure Container Service: An overview of containers and the advantages of using them.
- Orchestrators: A summary of what orchestrators are and a description of the most popular orchestrators in use
- Open Source Cloud-First Container Management at Scale: This lesson discusses the purpose of ACS, and how the service is activated.
- Deployment Scenarios: A brief explanation of different orchestrator scenarios.
- Deploy Kubernetes and Security: A live demo on how to deploy K8S.
- Deploy Kubernetes from the Portal: A live demo on how to create a security key and a K8S cluster.
- Deploy Kubernetes from the CLI: A live demo on the Command Line Interface.
- Orchestrator Overview – Kubernetes: A lesson on managing containers. First up..Kubernetes.
- Orchestrator Overview – DC/OS: In this lesson we discuss deploying containers to the Data Center operating System.
- Orchestrator Overview – Swarm: In this last lesson we'll look at how ACS deploys Swarm.
- Summary and Conclusion: A wrap-up and summary of what we’ve learned in this course.
About the Author
Jeremy Likness is an experienced entrepreneur who has worked with companies to catalyze growth and leverage leading edge development technology to streamline business processes and support innovation for two decades. Jeremy is a prolific author with four published books and hundreds of articles focused on helping developers be their best. Jeremy speaks at conferences around the country and covers topics ranging from technologies like Docker, Node.js and .NET Core to processes and methodologies like Agile and DevOps. Jeremy lives near Atlanta with his wife of 19 years and teen-aged daughter. His hobbies including hiking, climbing mountains, shooting 9-ball, and regularly attending CrossFit classes while maintaining a vegan diet.