The course is part of this learning path
Using Cloud Dataproc
Google Cloud Dataproc is a managed service for running Apache Hadoop and Spark jobs. It can be used for big data processing and machine learning.
But you could run these data processing frameworks on Compute Engine instances, so what does Dataproc do for you? Dataproc actually uses Compute Engine instances under the hood, but it takes care of the management details for you. It’s a layer on top that makes it easy to spin up and down clusters as you need them.
- Explain the relationship between Dataproc, key components of the Hadoop ecosystem, and related GCP services
- Create, customize, monitor, and scale Dataproc clusters
- Run data processing jobs on Dataproc
- Apply access control to Dataproc
- Data professionals
- People studying for the Google Professional Data Engineer exam
- Hadoop or Spark experience (recommended)
- Google Cloud Platform account (sign up for free trial at https://cloud.google.com/free if you don’t have an account)
This Course Includes
- 49 minutes of high-definition video
- Many hands-on demos
The github repository is at https://github.com/cloudacademy/dataproc-intro.
About the Author
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).