The course is part of this learning path
The Java Module System
This training Course provides you with a deep dive into the Java Module System, a new feature provided as part of Java 9. We’ll review the many benefits associated with the new Module System, and how it is used to package application components into smaller and more manageable items.
What you'll learn:
- What the Java Module System is and how to implement it
- The benefits of working and developing with modules
- The differences between JDK modules and Public API modules
- How to implement and package your own modules
- A basic understanding of the Java programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to this CloudAcademy course, The Java Module System. In this lecture we'll introduce you to the course agenda and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to the Java Module System, a new feature provided as part of Java 9. We'll review the many benefits associated with the new Module System, and how it is used to package application components into smaller and more manageable distributables. By completing this course you will understand what the Java Module System is and how to implement it, understand the benefits of working and developing with modules, understand the differences between JDK modules and Public API modules, and be able to implement and package your own modules. Okay, the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.