This training course introduces you to The Java Shell tool, or JShell. The Java Shell tool (JShell) is an interactive tool for learning the Java programming language and prototyping with Java code.
- Understand what the JShell tool is and how to use it
- Understand the benefits of using JShell
- Understand that JShell is a Read-Evaluate-Print Loop (REPL), which evaluates declarations, statements, and expressions as they are entered and immediately shows the results
- Be able to use JShell to help you try out code and easily explore options as you develop your program
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in learning Java to develop applications
- Software Architects interested in learning Java to design applications
- Anyone interested in basic Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the basics of the Java SDK
Transcript unavailable for this lecture.
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.