The course is part of this learning path
LPIC-1 Linux certification: Server Professional
Building and maintaining Linux graphic desktops
This course - the seventh of eleven courses covering LPIC-1 Linux certification - will explore Linux Display Managers and graphic Desktop Environments. You will learn how to:
- configure hardware peripherals for use in a GUI environment
- control graphic login sessions
- manage Display Managers like LightDM
- enable and manage Linux accessibility utilities to ensure that users with disabilities can access system resources, and
- build a graphic user interface on top of a virtual server in Amazon's AWS.
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
David taught high school for twenty years, worked as a Linux system administrator for five years, and has been writing since he could hold a crayon between his fingers. His childhood bedroom wall has since been repainted.
Having worked directly with all kinds of technology, David derives great pleasure from completing projects that draw on as many tools from his toolkit as possible.
Besides being a Linux system administrator with a strong focus on virtualization and security tools, David writes technical documentation and user guides, and creates technology training videos.
His favorite technology tool is the one that should be just about ready for release tomorrow. Or Thursday.