Introduction to Machine Learning Concepts
Machine Learning Concepts
In this course you'll learn about Machine Learning and where it fits within the wider Artificial Intelligence (AI) field. The course proceeds with a formal definition of Machine Learning, and continues on with explanations for the various machine learning and training techniques. We review both Supervised and Unsupervised learning, showcasing the main differences between each type of learning method. We review both Classification and Regression models, showcasing the main differences between each type of training model.
We provide a basic review of several of the most popular and commonly used machine learning algorithms including:
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- K Nearest Neighbour (KNN)
- Decision Tree
- Random Forest
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Naïve Bayes
Finally, we’ll provide a basic level introduction to Deep Learning and Deep Neural Networks, as a more specialised form of Machine Learning.
The intended audience for this course includes:
- Beginners starting out to the field of Machine Learning
- Anyone interested in understanding how Machine Learning works
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand what Machine Learning is and what it offers
- Understand the benefits of using the Machine Learning
- Understand business use cases and scenarios that can benefit from using the Machine Learning
- Understand the different Machine Learning training techniques
- Understand the difference between Supervised and Unsupervised training
- Understand the difference between Classification and Regression
- Become familiar with several of the commonly used and popular Machine Learning algorithms discussed
- Understand the basic principles behind Deep Learning and Deep Neural Networks
The following prerequisites will be both useful and helpful for this course:
- A background in statistics or probability
- Familiarity and understanding of computer algorithms
- Basic understanding of data analytics
The agenda for the remainder of this course is as follows:
- We’ll discuss what Machine Learning is and when and why you might consider using it
- We’ll discuss benefits and business use cases that have been empowered by leveraging Machine Learning
- We’ll breakdown machine learning into supervised and unsupervised training models
- We’ll discuss the differences of classification and regression techniques
- We’ll examine a set of commonly used and popular machine learning algorithms
- Finally we’ll take an introductory look at deep learning and the concept of deep neural networks.
We welcome all feedback so please direct any comments or questions on this course to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Jeremy is a Cloud Researcher and Trainer at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for security, AI, and machine learning for both AWS and GCP cloud platforms.
He has a strong background in development and coding, and has been hacking with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years.
In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on Cloud, Security, AI, Machine Learning, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and CICD.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both AWS and GCP platforms.