Course Introduction & Intro to Logging
Google Cloud Logging
The course is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Logging is very important today given the volume and variety of data we deal with across different customer use cases. This course will enable you to take a more proactive approach towards identifying faults and crashes in your applications through the effective use of Google Cloud Logging. As a result, you will learn how to delegate the operational overhead to GCP through automated logging tools, resulting in a more productive operational pipeline for your team and organization.
Through this course, you will equip yourself with the required skills for streaming log data to Google Cloud Logging service and use metrics to understand your system's behavior. The course will start with an introduction to the Cloud Logging Service and then demonstrate how to stream logs using Cloud Logging Agent and the Python client library.
To get the most out of this course, you should already have an understanding of application logging.
This course is suited for anyone interested in logging using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Cloud Logging.
- Source code for this course: https://github.com/cloudacademy/Managing-Application-Logs-and-Metrics-on-GCP
- Google Cloud fluentd source code: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-fluentd
- Google Cloud fluentd additional configurations: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/fluentd-catch-all-config
- Google Cloud fluentd output plugin configuration: https://cloud.google.com/logging/docs/agent/logging/configuration#cloud-fluentd-config
- Package release history: https://pypi.org/project/google-cloud-logging/#history
- Metrics Explorer pricing: https://cloud.google.com/stackdriver/pricing#metrics-chargeable
Congratulations on completing this course, and I hope you enjoyed it. To recap, we learned about the Cloud Logging Service and how it can receive the log data, Cloud Logging Agent and how it can stream the log data. We also learned to use the Cloud Logging API for directly sending logs from an application to GCP Cloud Logging service. And, at the end, we learned how we can use some metrics through Metrics Explorer. Congratulations for making it to the end of this course. Thanks for watching, and happy learning!
Pradeep Bhadani is an IT Consultant with over nine years of experience and holds various certifications related to AWS, GCP, and HashiCorp. He is recognized as HashiCorp Ambassador and GDE (Google Developers Expert) in Cloud for his knowledge and contribution to the community.
He has extensive experience in building data platforms on the cloud and as well as on-premises through the use of DevOps strategies & automation. Pradeep is skilled at delivering technical concepts helping teams and individuals to upskill on the latest technologies.