The course is part of this learning path
Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
Configuring Application Access
Implementing Access for External users
This course has been designed to teach you how to manage Microsoft 365 access and authentication. The content in this course will help prepare you for the Microsoft 365 Identity and Services exam.
The topics covered within this course include:
- Managing Authentication
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Configuring Application Access
- Implementing Access for External Users of Microsoft 365 Workloads
Who should attend this course?
- Those who are preparing for the Microsoft 365 Identity and Services exam
- Those looking to learn more about Microsoft 365
- To learn how to configure and monitor authentication
- To learn how to administer MFA and report on its utilization
- To learn how to configure application registration and use Azure AD Application Proxy
- To learn how to use Azure Active Directory B2B to add and manage external users
To get the most from this course, you should at least be familiar with the Microsoft 365 offering and have a general understanding of its features.
- [Instructor] Developers and SaaS providers often develop and deploy cloud services or business apps that can be integrated with Azure AD in order to provide secure sign-in and authentication. However, before integrating an app or service with Azure AD, the app or service must first be registered with Azure AD. The registration process requires the developer or provider to give Azure AD information about the application. Such information typically includes the URL where the application is located, the URL to send replies to after the user is authenticated, the URI that identifies the app, and any other pertinent information. In the next lesson, we'll work through a demo that shows you how to add and register an application in Azure AD. We'll use the app registration's experience in the Azure Portal to register the app.
About the Author
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.