Managing Network Resources
Managing Compute Engine Resources
The course is part of these learning paths
This course has been designed to teach you how to manage networking and compute resources on Google Cloud Platform. The content in this course will help prepare you for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam.
The topics covered within this course include:
- Adding subnets to a VPC
- Expanding existing subnets
- Reserving static addresses via the console and Cloud Shell
- Managing, configuring, and connecting to VM instances
- Adding GPUs and installing CUDA libraries
- Creating and deploying from snapshots and images
- Working with instance groups
- Learn how to manage networking and compute resources on Google Cloud Platform
- Prepare for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer Exam
- Those who are preparing for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam
- Those looking to learn more about managing GCP networking and compute features
To get the most from this course, you should have some exposure to GCP resources, such as VCPs, VM Instances, Cloud Console, and Cloud Shell. However, this is not essential.
Over the last few lessons, we covered the reservation of static IP addresses using the Cloud Console. However, you can also perform these functions using the Cloud Shell. In the next lesson, I'm going to show you how to use the Cloud Shell to reserve a static internal IP address so that you can get a little bit more familiar with the use of Cloud Shell for common management tasks.
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.