The course is part of these learning paths
This course looks at one of the key Security services within AWS, Identity & Access Management, commonly referred to IAM. This service manages identities and their permissions that are able to access your AWS resources and so understanding how this service works and what you can do with it will help you to maintain a secure AWS environment. IAM is an important step in ensuring your resources are secure.
Within this course we will look at:
• What is Identity & Access Management? This lecture will explain what IAM means and why it’s necessary to implement and maintain control of this service.
• Groups, Users & Roles: This lecture will define the differences between Groups, Users and Roles and how each of these objects are typically used
• IAM Policies: This lecture we will discuss what IAM Policies are, how to create, modify and apply them within your AWS environment
• Multi-Factor Authentication: This lecture will explain what MFA is and the best practices
• Identity Federation: This lecture will explain how external identities (users who do not have IAM user accounts) can access your AWS resources through the use of identity providers
• IAM Features: This lecture will focus on the information contained within IAM Account settings, the credential report and also how IAM integrates with KMS
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Setup and configure users, groups and roles to control which identities have authorization to access specific AWS resources
• Implement Multi-Factor Authentication
• Create and implement IAM Policies allowing you to grant or restrict very granular and specific permissions across a range of resources
• Implement a Password policy to align with your internal security controls
• Understand when and why you may use Identity federation access
• Understand how the Key Management Service (KMS) is used in conjunction with IAM
This course contains:
• 8 lectures
• Over 70 minutes of high definition video
• Live demonstrations on key components within the course
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to more recently cloud architecture and implementation.
He is a Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP), with his latest achievements gained within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) field.
He currently holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification as well as accreditations as an AWS Business and Technology Professional and in TCO and Cloud Economics.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded 'Expert of the Year Award 2015' from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.