The course is part of these learning paths
Serverless Computing on AWS for Developers
Getting Started with Serverless Computing on AWS
FaaS & IaaS
By the end of this course, you will
- Understand and be able to distinguish between the pros and cons of serverless security
- Understand where to focus additional security controls in a FaaS solution
- Have a general overview of how security differs to that of a typical IaaS solution
This content in this course would be beneficial to:
- Engineers who are focused on delivering secure serverless solutions within an enterprise environment
- Security architects looking to enhance their knowledge of FaaS solutions
- Developers deploying applications within a serverless environment
As a prerequisite of this course you should have a basic knowledge and awareness of the following:
- A general understanding of what Serverless means
- Understand what FaaS and IaaS relates to
- A basic awareness of different attack vectors, such as DoS
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon Cognito
- Amazon API Gateway
- Security controls within IAM
This course includes
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to more recently cloud architecture and implementation.
He is a Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP), with his latest achievements gained within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) field.
He currently holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification as well as accreditations as an AWS Business and Technology Professional and in TCO and Cloud Economics.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded 'Expert of the Year Award 2015' from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.