Domain 6 - Security
In this course, you'll gain a solid understanding of the key concepts for Domain Six of the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification: Security.
By the end of this course, you'll have the tools and knowledge you need to successfully accomplish the following requirements for this domain, including:
- Design information security management systems and compliance controls
- Design security controls with the AWS shared responsibility model and global infrastructure
- Design identity and access management controls
- Design protection of Data at Rest controls
- Design protection of Data in Flight and Network Perimeter controls
This course is intended for students seeking to acquire the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification. It is necessary to have acquired the Associate level of this certification. You should also have at least two years of real-world experience developing AWS architectures.
As stated previously, you will need to have completed the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification, and we recommend reviewing the relevant learning path in order to be well-prepared for the material in this one.
This Course Includes
- Expert-led instruction and exploration of important concepts.
- Complete coverage of critical Domain Six concepts for the AWS Solutions Architect - Professional certification exam.
What You Will Learn
- Designing ISMS systems and compliance controls
- Designing security controls
- Designing IAM management controls
- Identity and Access Management
- Designing protection of Data at Rest controls
- Designing protection of Data in Flight and Network Perimeter controls
Hello, and welcome back to Domain Six of CloudAcademy's Solution Architect Professional for AWS Learning Path. In this group of lessons, we'll review the core security concepts required for the exam. We'll review how to design security management systems to meet compliance controls. Then, we will review the AWS shared security model. Next, we will dive into some of the common IAM use cases around federating and managing identity in AWS. We will discuss scenarios for protecting data at rest and in transit, and walk through some of the common intrusion detection and intrusion prevention use cases. Okay, let's get started.
About the Author
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.