Learn and be able to implement solutions and applications using a serverless architecture with this AWS Lambda Course from Cloud Academy. By running your enterprise with this feature in mind you will be able to operate a more efficient environment and reduce overall costs. Gain an insight into the key compute serverless services used by AWS and understand the configuration and management involved.
This Course is made up of 6 lectures, including a 24-minute demo video on how to configure a function.
For more related training content, try out the Learning Paths below.
- Be able to explain what AWS Lambda is and what its uses are
- Define the components used within Lambda
- Explain the different elements of a Lambda function through its creation
- Understand the key differences between policies used within Lambda
- Recognize how event sources and event mappings are managed for both synchronous and asynchronous invocations
- Discover how Amazon CloudWatch can monitor metrics and logs to isolate issues with your functions
- Learn how to check for common errors that might be causing your functions to fail
- This course has been designed for those who are new to AWS Lambda, but are keen to understand how serverless architectures can help with their solutions.
- If you are a developer or responsible for maintaining and managing your serverless environments then this course would be advantageous.
- If you are studying for the AWS certified Developer - Associate certification then this course is also recommended as AWS Lambda is covered heavily.
- As a prerequisite of this course, it is recommended that you have an understanding of what is meant by serverless architectures.
- If you are unfamiliar with this term, then please take our existing course ‘What is Serverless computing’ within our ‘Getting Started with Serverless Computing on AWS’ Learning Path.
- You should also be familiar with a programming language supported by AWS Lambda, these include:
- C# (.NET Core)
Related Training Content
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date Stuart has created over 40 courses relating to Cloud, most within the AWS category with a heavy focus on security and compliance
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.