Amazon EC2 Instance Isolation ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is a ubiquitous way to run applications in the AWS cloud. Due to their popularity, they can be the target of attacks by malicious actors.
Knowing what to do in the event of a suspected compromisation of an Amazon EC2 instance will help you to securely manage AWS cloud resources in the future.
In this lab challenge, you will be tested on your practical ability to solve problems in a production-like AWS environment. You are presented with a task and a set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied situation, leaving behind multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
- Amazon EC2 Security Groups
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Security Specialty certification
- Cloud Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Anyone working with Amazon EC2 instances
- AWS Incident Response: Isolating your EC2 instances
- Working with AWS Networking and Amazon VPC
- Using Elastic Load Balancing & EC2 Auto Scaling to Support AWS Workloads
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.