The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
SSL/TLS is the standard for securing communications over a network. There are clear security benefits of deploying SSL/TLS on your web servers and other applications requiring secure communication. However, there are many decisions to make when deploying SSL/TLS. This lab teaches you about several areas you need to consider before getting hands-on practice with a variety of tools for working with SSL/TLS.
In this lab, you will learn about SSL/TLS best practices and a variety of tools in the SSL/TLS toolkit to help ensure your deployments are configured the way you expect them to be. You will also use tools that help protect you as new vulnerabilities are discovered and the security landscape expands. Azure Cloud Shell serves as the host and editor for this lab.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Understand and reason about SSL/TLS deployment decisions
- Analyze SSL/TLS deployments of public and private websites
- Understand the role of clients in SSL/TLS security
- Use OpenSSL to create keys and test SSL/TLS deployments
- Create an internal certificate authority (CA) and sign certificates with it
You should be familiar with:
- Linux basics such as file permissions and working on the command line
- The difference between HTTP and HTTPS
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.