The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS OpsWorks is a configuration management service that provides managed instances of Chef and Puppet to automate your application management operations.
The main building blocks of OpsWorks include:
- stacks: Top-level building blocks. Used to model your applications with the help of layers.
- layers: Separate levels of a stack to separate the concerns of your application. Layers can be categorized by responsibility such as web, application, and database layers
- instances: EC2 instances that are associated with your stack layers to perform the necessary tasks at each level of your application
- apps: Code that you want to be deployed and ran on your instances in a layer.
In this lab, you will utilize these building blocks to create and deploy a simple PHP application using AWS OpsWorks.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create an AWS OpsWorks stack
- Learn how to use AWS OpsWorks components
- Deploy a PHP web application
- DevOps Engineers
- Candidates for the AWS DevOps Professional Exam
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS OpsWorks
June 22th, 2021 - Incorporate updated lab format and revamp lab steps to match the current AWS console
Ryan and his faithful business partner Jade build tools for OpenStack and AWS to automate support of high-availability applications. Offline, he can be found buried in human factors books looking for ways to build more resilient systems.
Ryan loves working with large systems, the less predictable the better. Scaling, load balancing, and graceful failure handling are his favorite classes of problems.
His free time quickly fills with personal projects and self directed research on new tools or different areas of software development.