Creating and Deploying an Application in AWS OpsWorks
In this lab step, you will create and deploy your PHP application using an AWS OpsWorks App component.
1. Click Apps in the left-hand menu:
2. Click Add app:
3. Configure the following settings under each section:
- Name: Enter
- Application Source
- Repository type: Select Git
- Repository URL: Enter https://github.com/awslabs/opsworks-demo-php-simple-app
- Branch/Revision: Enter version1
4. Click Add app:
This will bring you to the Apps page with fizzbuzz as the only application displayed.
5. Click deploy under Actions:
6. Under Settings, ensure the Deploy option is selected for Command:
7. Under Instances, click Advanced>> to expand more details about this deployment:
Note: If you do not see the Advanced>> dropdown option under Instances, the instances are still in the process of being created. Wait a minute or two and then refresh the page.
This section allows you to choose which layer instances will be used to serve your application. You've only configured one EC2 instance so far: php-app1.
8. To start the deployment and load the deployment page, click Deploy:
9. Wait for the deployment Status to display successful:
The deployment can take up to 2 minutes to complete.
10. Click php-app1 under Hostname to navigate to its detail page:
11. Scroll down to the Network and Security section and click the Public DNS URL:
Your Simple PHP application will open in a new browser tab with the following message:
In this lab step, you successfully created and deployed your PHP application using AWS OpsWorks.
Check that the OpsWork App has been created.