Deleting a Stack in AWS OpsWorks
In this lab step, you will delete the AWS OpsWorks stack you created. In AWS OpsWorks, only empty stacks can be deleted, so you must first delete all instances, applications, and layers in the stack.
1. Return to the AWS OpsWorks console.
2. Click fizzbuzzapp:
3. Click Apps in the left-hand menu:
4. In the fizzbuzz column, click delete.
A message will appear to confirm the deletion.
5. Click Delete:
6. Click Instances in the left-hand menu:
7. Click Stop All Instances:
You can also stop instances individually by clicking stop under the Actions column of that instance.
8. Click Stop in the confirmation window:
It will take up to 3 minutes to stop your instance. Your php-app1 instance will have a Status of stopped.
9. After the instance has stopped, click delete in the Actions column:
10. Click Delete in the confirmation window:
11. Click Layers in the left-hand menu:
12. In the PHP App Server layer, click Delete:
13. Click Delete in the confirmation window.
14. Click Stack in the left-hand menu:
15. Click Delete Stack:
16. Click Delete in the confirmation window:
In this lab step, you successfully cleaned up your AWS OpsWorks stack components and deleted your stack.