- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
HashiCorp Vault is a modern, multi-cloud-friendly solution for managing secrets at scale. To ease adoption of Vault into your organization, Vault provides LDAP authentication. In this Lab, you will learn how to configure Vault to using an organization's LDAP identities and groups for authentication without duplicating usernames, passwords, or memberships. You will create access policies that map to LDAP groups to seamlessly authorize LDAP users in Vault.
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Install Vault on Linux systems
- Enable and configure LDAP authentication in Vault
- Create access policies that map to LDAP groups
- Authenticate LDAP users using the Vault CLI
You should be familiar with:
- Vault basics
- LDAP directory and schema knowledge is beneficial, but not required
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.