- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
With Azure Load Balancer, you can scale your applications and create high availability for your services. Load Balancer supports inbound and outbound scenarios, provides low latency and high throughput, and scales up to millions of flows for all TCP and UDP applications. Load Balancer distributes new inbound flows that arrive on the Load Balancer's frontend to backend pool instances, according to rules and health probes.
In this lab, you will create a load balancer and configure it to serve traffic to a web application. You'll also create the necessary resources the Load Balancer will need to use in order to serve traffic, including an Azure Virtual Machine, Virtual Network, Network Security Group and more.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Azure load balancing
- Configure Azure load balancers using the Azure Portal
- Configure resources related to load balancing in Azure
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Students who want to know how to serve load-balanced websites in Azure
- Those looking to test for one of several Azure certifications, including AZ-104 and AZ-303
You should be familiar with:
- Basic understanding of Azure networking concepts as they pertain to load balancing
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
July 11, 2022 - Updated screenshot to match UI
January 19th, 2022 - Updated lab instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
July 29th, 2021 - Updated lab instructions and image to reflect the changes in Azure Portal
April 14th, 2021 - Moved validation checks to the most relevant lab step for more immediate validation feedback
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.