Log in to Jenkins and Complete the Default Installation
In this Lab Step, you will login into the Jenkins administration web console and complete the default installation process. To do so, you will need the Jenkins initial admin password that you previously queried for.
1. The Jenkins docker container has been configured to listen for inbound connections on port 8080. Using your browser, navigate to the Jenkins home page: http://PUBLIC_IP_CICD_PLATFORM_INSTANCE:8080. Remember to use the public IP address assigned to the cicd.platform.instance EC2 instance, for example:
2. Enter the initial administrator password, captured previously using the command:
docker exec -it jenkins cat /var/jenkins_home/secrets/initialAdminPassword, then click Continue:
3. Click Install suggested plugins. The plugin installation process takes 1-2 minutes to complete:
4. Create the first administrator user account by entering the following values, followed by clicking Save and Continue:
5. Accept the defaults for the Confirm the Jenkins URL, and click Save and Finish to complete the Jenkins installation:
6. Finally, confirm that Jenkins is ready!, and click Start using Jenkins:
7. Leave the current Jenkins administration web console open, as you will begin to configure it in the next Lab Step.
In this Lab Step, you logged into the Jenkins administration web console. You entered the Jenkins initial administrator password, to grant you first time access into the fresh installation of Jenkins. Finally, you completed the installation process and confirmed that Jenkins is ready to be used.