- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon CloudWatch Logs is an offering from AWS that ingests, stores, and presents log data. It integrates seamlessly with the other AWS services, and can ingest data from applications and services external to AWS as well.
By centralizing your logs, debugging and troubleshooting becomes much easier. You can store logs for analysis, and you can create metrics from your log data that you can graph or alert on.
In this hands-on lab, you will learn how to filter textual and JSON log event data.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Match and exclude search terms in textual logs
- Filter on specific values in JSON event logs
- Create a metric filter and view it in Amazon CloudWatch
- Candidates for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon CloudWatch
- Amazon CloudWatch Logs
The following course and lab can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
September 18th, 2022 - Updated instructions and screenshots for accuracy
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.