Ready for the real environment experience?
DC/OS (the datacenter operating system) is an open-source, distributed operating system based on the Apache Mesos distributed systems kernel. DC/OS manages multiple machines in the cloud or on-premises from a single interface. In this Lab, you will get familiar with both the DC/OS graphical user interface (GUI) and the DC/OS command line interface (CLI) as you install packages on DC/OS from the Mesosphere DC/OS Service Catalog.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Discover and install Mesosphere Catalog packages using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
- Monitor a DC/OS cluster using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
- Delete DC/OS services using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux (for the CLI Lab Steps only)
- AWS services knowledge is useful in order to understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
October 2nd, 2020 - Replaced CoreOS virtual machines (no longer available in AWS) with CentOS
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.