The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Introduction to DC/OS
Ready for the real environment experience?
DC/OS (the datacenter operating system) is an open-source, distributed operating system based on the Apache Mesos distributed systems kernel. DC/OS manages multiple machines in the cloud or on-premises from a single interface. In this Lab, you will get familiar with both the DC/OS graphical user interface (GUI) and the DC/OS command line interface (CLI) as you install packages on DC/OS from the Mesosphere DC/OS Service Catalog.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Discover and install Mesosphere Catalog packages using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
- Monitor a DC/OS cluster using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
- Delete DC/OS services using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux (for the CLI Lab Steps only)
- AWS services knowledge is useful in order to understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.