- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Functions are Microsoft's primary serverless compute service. With Azure Functions you gain development agility by focusing on your code and not worrying about maintaining servers. You will observe these benefits as well as the simplicity of using Azure Function's event-driven model to integrate Azure services.
The Function you create in this Lab will integrate Azure Blob Storage with Azure Table Storage. Any time a blob is uploaded to a Blob Storage container, a corresponding row in Table Storage will be created. The function highlights the concepts of triggers and bindings and demonstrate how easy it is to integrate services with Azure Functions.
- Understand key Azure Function topics including Function Apps, Functions, triggers, and bindings
- Create Azure Function Apps and Azure Functions in the Azure Portal
- Write an Azure Function in C# to integrate Azure services using triggers and bindings
- Learn the different ways to monitor and log Azure Functions including using Application Insights
- Configure key Azure Function App settings
- Anyone interested in integrating services with code
- Anyone responsible for managing Function Apps such as Operations or DevOps engineers
- This Lab is recommended for AZ-101 and AZ-203 examinees
- Knowledge of the Serverless computing/Function as a Service paradigm, preferably in Azure
- Basic knowledge of Azure Storage is beneficial but not required
You can take the Introduction to Azure Functions Course to satisfy the prerequisites.
June 16th, 2022 - Resolved issue regarding Application Insights
May 09, 2022 - Updated instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
February 28th, 2022 - Updated instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
March 27th, 2021 - Updated to the latest Portal experience, resolved an issue causing the lab storage account not being selectable when creating the function app
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.