Deleting a DynamoDB Table
You can delete a DynamoDB table using the DynamoDB dashboard in the AWS Management Console. In this lab step, you will practice deleting a table.
1. In the left-hand menu, click Tables:
2. In the Tables table, select the Thread table:
3. On the right-hand side, click Delete:
The Delete table confirmation modal will appear.
Notice that you have the ability to create a backup for a table before deleting it.
4. In the confirmation textbox, enter delete and click Delete table:
You will see a message summarizing the deletion:
5. To continue, click Go to tables:
6. To update the Tables table, click the refresh icon:
You will now see only two tables listed.
In this lab step, you used the DynamoDB dashboard to delete a DynamoDB table.
Check that the Thread DynamoDB table has been removed.