Inserting Items Into a DynamoDB Table
After creating all the needed tables, you are ready to fill them with demo data.
1. In the left-hand menu, click Explore items:
2. In the Tables list, select
You will see nothing under Items returned because there are no items stored.
3. On the right-hand side, click Create item:
The Create item form will load and you will see a list of Attributes.
4. In the Value textbox next to Name - Partition key, enter a name for your forum (can be anything you wish):
5. To add another attribute for this item, click Add new attribute and select String from the list of types:
6. In the Attribute name textbox, enter Description and in the Value textbox, enter any value you'd like:
7. At the bottom, click Create item:
8. Repeat steps 3-7 three more times so that end up with four entries in the table:
9. Select the table and click Create Item.
10. Provide any values you'd like for , and , keeping in mind that the value must match the name of one of your forums.
Note: is a "" table with the Local Secondary Index. For being able to save a item, you have to provide:
- (the table Primary Key)
- (the table Sort Key)
- (the Local Secondary Index Sort Key)
Note: You will have to click Add new attribute to add the CreationDate attribute and specify a value.
11. At the bottom, click Create item.
12. Repeat steps 9-11 three more times until you have four items in the table:
In this lab step, you inserted several items into two of your DynamoDB tables.
A Dynamodb table called Thread exists and has at least one item