- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Kubernetes is a production-grade container orchestration system that helps you maximize the benefits of using containers. Kubernetes provides you with a toolbox to automate deploying, scaling, and operating containerized applications in production.
This lab is meant to be completed while going through the Introduction to Kubernetes course on Cloud Academy. The lab creates a Kubernetes cluster for you to use as you progress through the course. All of the commands that are used in the course are included in the lab to make it easy to follow along with. You can also use the lab to experiment and try out different exercises in addition to what is explained in the course. Have fun in this Kubernetes playground!
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Deploy single and multiple container applications on Kubernetes
- Use Kubernetes services to structure N-tier applications
- Manage application deployments with rollouts in Kubernetes
- Ensure container preconditions are met and keep containers healthy
- Learn how to manage configuration, sensitive, and persistent data in Kubernetes
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone deploying containerized applications
- Site Reliability Engineers (SREs)
- DevOps Engineers
- Operations Engineers
- Full Stack Developers
You should be familiar with:
- Working with Docker and be comfortable using it at the command line
April 28th, 2022 - Updated to run Kubernetes 1.21
April 29th, 2021 - Updated to run Kubernetes 1.20, 80% faster startup time, and use a web terminal
February 14th, 2021 - Updated instructions to ensure the EC2 Instance Connect tab is selected when connecting
December 21st, 2020 - Added a comment to one of the Pods commands instructing that the curl command is not expected to return a response
October 14th, 2020 - Updated to run Kubernetes 1.19
September 8th, 2020 - Converted the lab playground to use a single lab step for a more streamlined experience
August 19th, 2020 - Updated to run Kubernetes 1.18
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.