- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Marathon-LB is a reverse proxy load balancer for Marathon applications. Marathon-LB supports TCP, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols and automatically updates its configuration in real-time as you add and remove applications from the cluster. Marathon-LB can be used as a public-facing load balancer running on public agents to allow ingress traffic into the cluster or as an internal load balancer. Load balance application traffic with Marathon-LB in DC/OS and keep traffic flowing by performing a zero downtime blue/green deployment in this Lab.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Deploy Marathon-LB in a DC/OS Cluster
- Deploy Applications load balanced by Marathon-LB
- Perform zero downtime blue/green deployments with Marathon-LB
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- AWS services to optionally understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
September 21st, 2021 - Clarified SSH instructions
August 1st, 2021 - Resolved an issue preventing the DC/OS cluster from provisioning
October 2nd, 2020 - Replaced CoreOS virtual machines (no longer available in AWS) with CentOS
August 31st, 2020 - Updated screenshots for the new EC2 user interface
May 15th, 2019 - Updated a Lab Step to address an issue encountered while installing PycURL
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.