The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Introduction to DC/OS
Ready for the real environment experience?
Marathon-LB is a reverse proxy load balancer for Marathon applications. Marathon-LB supports TCP, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols and automatically updates its configuration in real-time as you add and remove applications from the cluster. Marathon-LB can be used as a public-facing load balancer running on public agents to allow ingress traffic into the cluster or as an internal load balancer. Load balance application traffic with Marathon-LB in DC/OS and keep traffic flowing by performing a zero downtime blue/green deployment in this Lab.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Deploy Marathon-LB in a DC/OS Cluster
- Deploy Applications load balanced by Marathon-LB
- Perform zero downtime blue/green deployments with Marathon-LB
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- AWS services to optionally understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.