- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
By performing rolling upgrades of Marathon applications in DC/OS, you avoid downtime and can trade off upgrade speed, resource overhead, and application capacity. This Lab will walk you through configuring an upgrade strategy, performing a rolling upgrade, and rolling back to an earlier version of an application definition.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Include upgrade strategies in Marathon application definitions
- Configure upgrade strategy properties to achieve different goals
- Upgrade Marathon applications using the DC/OS GUI and CLI
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- AWS services knowledge is useful in order to understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
August 1st, 2021 - Resolved an issue preventing the DC/OS cluster from provisioning
October 2nd, 2020 - Replaced CoreOS virtual machines (no longer available in AWS) with CentOS
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.